We seek one community-oriented scholar or other visitor for our adorable garden suite.
Your room has a bed, a desk, a fridge, drawers and closet space for your clothes, linens, plenty of heat, plenty of light, a bathroom, and high-speed Internet. You also have access to a great kitchen, laundry, den, backyard, sunroom, and patio.
This house is in a friendly, quiet neighborhood with an astonishing array of amenities. See this neighborhood map.
We share utilities, and a security deposit and weekly chore are required.
Part time, i.e. here on weekdays only, is fine. Sorry, no pets. Each room is for one non-smoking human only.
Strongly prefer a full time worker or scholar. Visitors to the Bay Area are welcome.
There is reliable on-street parking next to the house. Nearby are BART and buses. We are one BART stop from campus, and it takes me about seven minutes between campus and here by bike.
Here are the answers to some questions I am often asked:
* We have lived here since 1987.
* We are not sweethearts.
* One of us is an editor and the other cares for pets, sometimes at their homes, and sometimes here. (So sometimes there will be a polite dog here, and we can't rent to someone who has a pet of her own.)
* The editor is a woman and the dog guy is a man.
* We keep things neat, and we clean regularly.
* We've lived here with dozens of graduate students from all over the world. Check out the Testimonials page.
* We are friendly, but not overbearing, and like wordplay. One of us is a smarty-pants. At least one.
Please tell us a bit about yourself:
for example, where you work or study, the dates you would like to stay (more or less), where you're living now, and so forth. To make sure I see your mail, please use the words 'Garden Suite' in the subject of the mail.